Good Lord, I hit the jackpot tonight with a simple recipe that was just as much of a hit as it was easy. One of the great things about this recipe is the simplicity. It has room to incorporate more of what you love. Next time, I'm going to mix in a tablespoon of honey with the goat cheese before I spread it on. This makes for a great snack or light lunch and I will definitely be making them again.
What you need:
- 2 Tortillas
- Your favorite goat cheese
- Fresh basil chopped (I threw a few leaves in my nutribullet for about 2 seconds and saved my arm a ton of work)
What you do:
- Slice strawberries so that they lie flat (rather than in quarters)
- Lay out tortilla and spread goat cheese over half
- Place strawberries on top of goat cheese
- Sprinkle chopped basil over strawberries
- Fold tortilla and place on skillet or grill for 2/3 min on each side
- Slice into sections
- Sprinkle a couple pieces of basil over finished product
Now just sit back and enjoy the compliments.